NOTICE: Click here for practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.
- This policy covers how AIpower.com (eOkay Business Network) treats personal information that AIpower.com collects and receives, including information related to your past use of AIpower.com products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that AIpower.com does not own or control or to people that AIpower.com does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- AIpower.com collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of software products and services that we offer.
- AIpower.com uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct researches, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- When a child under age 13 attempts to use service provided by AIpower.com, we ask the child to have a parent or guardianís approval before using Aipower.comís service or products.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- AIpower.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with AIpower.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help AIpower.com communicate with you about offers from AIpower.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing AIpower.com to collect and use their child's information without consenting to AIpower.com sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- AIpower.com displays advertisements on our site. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteriaófor example, men ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- AIpower.com does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- AIpower.com advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- AIpower.com works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
- You can edit your AIpower.com Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time by logging into your account if available.
- New marketing communications might be added to the user account page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the AIpower.com products or service, such as new product or service announcements, administrative messages and the AIpower.com Newsletter, that are considered part of your AIpower.com account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You can delete your AIpower.com account by using our Contact page. Your account deletion request will be processed after your email confirmation.
- Parents can request review of information relating to their child's AIpower.com account by contacting Aipower.com web administrator by using our Contact page. Your account review request will be processed after your confirmation of guardianship.
- If a parent chooses not to allow us to further collect or use a child's information, please contact us using our Contact page. Your request will be processed after your confirmation of guardianship.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- AIpower.com may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your AIpower.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at:
AIpower.com (eOkay Business Network)
Service@aipower.com (815) 846-2851
Effective Date: November 21, 2005
AIpower.com Terms of Service
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
eOkay Business Network ("AIpower.com ") welcomes you. AIpower.com provides its product and service to you subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time at: http://www.aipower.com/privacyPolicy.php . In addition, when using particular AIpower.com created software or operated services, you and AIpower.com shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such product or services, which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules (including but not limited to our Anti-Spam Policy) are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS. AIpower.com may also offer other products or services that are governed by different Terms of Service. For instance, different terms apply to software users on paid or free products or service, and members of eOkay Business Network associated sites
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE / PRODUCTS
AIpower.com provides users with access to a series of software with service/support, including various shopping services, search services and branded programming through its network of properties which may be accessed through any various medium or device now known or hereafter developed (the "Service"). You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for AIpower.com to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that the Service may include certain communications from AIpower.com, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the AIpower.com Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of AIpower.com membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augments or enhances the current Service, including the release of new AIpower.com properties, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that AIpower.com assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
Please be aware that AIpower.com has created certain areas on the Service that contain mature content. You must be at least 18 years of age to access and use of such areas.
2. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or AIpower.com has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, AIpower.com has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). AIpower.com is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, parents of children under the age of 13 who wish to allow their children access to the Service must contact AIpower.com before the children register, download, or use the service. When you contact AIpower.com and allow your child to create an account, use the software or service, you certify that you are at least 18 years old and that you are the legal guardian of the child/children listed on the AIpower.com parental record. By allowing a child to use AIpower.com service, you also give your child permission to access many areas of the products, including, software and other tools Aipower.com or its associated network provided. Please remember that the Service is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, as the legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether any of the Service or product and/or Content (as defined in Section 6 below) are appropriate for your child.
4. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the user registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify AIpower.com of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. AIpower.com cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 5.
5. MEMBER CONDUCT
You understand that all information, data, text, software, sound, graphics, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not AIpower.com, are entirely responsible for all Content that you download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available. AIpower.com does not control the content of product or service you download/get/received outside Aipower.com and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Product/Service/Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will AIpower.com be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content provided outside Aipower.com or its network, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available to you.
You agree to not use or provide the Service to:
a. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
b. harm minors in any way;
c. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a AIpower.com official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
d. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
e. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
f. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
g. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose (please read our complete Spam Policy);
h. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
i. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
j. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
k. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
l. provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
m. "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
n. Collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
You acknowledge that AIpower.com may or may not pre-screen Content, but that AIpower.com and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any user account. Without limiting the foregoing, AIpower.com and its designees shall have the right to remove any user account that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of The Service, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such product or service. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any service or product provided by AIpower.com or downloaded from AIpower.com, including without limitation information in AIpower.com software and in all other parts of the Service.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that AIpower.com may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any violation of the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of AIpower.com , its users and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your account, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You understand that the Service and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by AIpower.com and/or content providers who provide content to the Service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
6. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable use of the product or service. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
7. CONTRIBUTIONS TO AIPOWER.COM
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Contributions") to AIpower.com through its suggestion or feedback WebPages, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) AIpower.com is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) AIpower.com shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) AIpower.com may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) your Contributions automatically become the property of AIpower.com without any obligation of AIpower.com to you; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from AIpower.com under any circumstances.
You agree to indemnify and hold AIpower.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of use of the product or service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
9. NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service and Product (including your AIpower.com user account), use of the Service, or access to the Service.
10. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
AIpower.com reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service or Product (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that AIpower.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service or Product.
You agree that AIpower.com may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your AIpower.com account, any associated records, software, and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the TOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (f) extended periods of inactivity, (g) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (h) nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Services. Termination of your AIpower.com account includes (a) removal of access to all offerings within the Service, including but not limited to AIpower.com software and Games, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring of further use of the Service. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in AIpower.comís sole discretion and that AIpower.com shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account, any associated files, or access to the Service.
12. DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that AIpower.com shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because AIpower.com has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that AIpower.com is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that AIpower.com shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
14. AIPOWER.COM 'S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or by advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or authorized by AIpower.com or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
AIpower.com grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized use. You agree not to use the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by AIpower.com for using the Service, software, or other products.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
a. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. Aipower.com AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.